Saturday, June 19, 2010

post 3 emotions

I liked the concept that we just need to try to make people feel good. I really think that is what people want in life and it should really work when you’re trying to win an argument. It’s really easy to appeal to people’s good emotions because people don’t generally want to deal with the sad, unhappy ones. I see this all the time when I try to convince people to do things at work! Customers or coworkers, nobody wants to think about the bad things and the work. People want to think about the results that will make them happy and the positive emotions that go with that. I think it’s exactly like the saying, “ you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.”

Speaking to peoples emotions is really a good way to get them to do something. Although, sometimes it does seem rather manipulative to me, I’m not really sure where the line is crossed. Maybe if your intentions are good it’s okay to manipulate people with their own good emotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment